strange riding beasts

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 10:51:18 +0800

>While there's a lot of draught animals and pack animals on Earth, to
>the best of my recollection people only ride (except as a novelty) horses,
>donkeys, horse-donkey hybrids, camels, and elephants.

        A friend of mine told me yesterday that he saw an excellent documentary on reindeer riders, from near Mongolia. He said the reindeer rider tribes lived a lifestyle that was very similar to Praxians, though a lot colder, living off their beasts almost completely, having a religion that is tied up with their beasts, and riding them.

	Anyone else have interesting examples of real world riding beasts?
	And which Gloranthan ones are the silliest? Rhinos?

	David