Divine Troll Sorcerors.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 01:55:13 +0100 (BST)

Hibbs Minor notes:
> BTW, I asked Greg "Can Troll sorcerors use KL divine and spirit spells?"
> and he said "No way" at Convulsion 1, and "Of course" at Convulsion 2. I
> give up. Any opinions? I say "Yes".

I think as another Correspondant implied, what Greg does in these tight spots is to envisage a corresponding Gloranthan situation, and tell you about _that_, not about Zee Rules. I can imagine, for example:

Situation #1: Unaligned troll sorceror, say from the Blue Moon region, approaches orthodox XU priestess. Not a chance, Baskoshine. Even if he could swing it politically, too great a difference in the approaches.

Situation #2: Arkati troll approaches ZZ Lord friendly to both herself, and to the local Arkat cult. She's initiated, and is able to learn spells, but in some way unquantified by the current rules suffers "reduced effectiveness" in each tradition from dabbling in both. Though bear in mind the Arkat cult is a sort of "divine interface" to sorcery, so how different it really is is arguable.

Gregologically,
Alex.