Sillier Stephen

From: Maria & Michael <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 22:07:11 +0200

STEPHEN MARTIN said:
>On additional comment on Tales 16: Three Bravos for the Tales crew, who
>resisted what I imagine would have been a great temptation, to try to do
>the Seven Mothers cult. Too complicated right now, glad they went for what
>they did.

To which i commented:
>Are you really applauding the Tales crew for something they *omitted* or
>*didn't* do? Surely an updated, though incorrect, version is better than
>no updated version at all?

And Stephen replied:
>Yes, I am, and No, it would not be.

Stephen, you've been inhaling too much of that moondust. Something is always better than nothing. Some of us are trying to play a campaign; i'd rather have an updated, available version, no matter how un-Greg it is, rather than having to put up with the obsolete and silly version in Cults of Prax, a very OOP book.

>Anyone who has gleaned anything Lunar
>from the Entekosiad, or seen any other Lunar material Greg has written in
>the last two years, knows that things are not what we thought. But not
>enough is there to get it even as close as RQ2 did. I'm glad they didn't
>try -- I don't have the faintest idea where to start, and I've seen a
>_lot_ of the Lunar stuff written so far.

So just because Greg is undecided, i'll have to wait for Lhankor knows how long and be HAPPY that Tales didn't include an unofficial and incorrect write-up? Go eat a grenade, Stephen.

>>One wonders why you didn't give them another Bravo for not including a
>>Red >>Goddess write-up.
>
>I should have -- Bravo! to them for not trying to write up the cult which
>includes Rufelze the Red Goddess, Orogeria the Huntress,
>Rashorana/Nysalor, Gerra the Self-Mutilator and Abused Woman, Lesilla the
>Blue Moon Goddess (who is not equal to Annilla, BTW), Natha the Balancer
>and generally not nice person, and Sedenya the Once and Future Perfect
>Goddess. Hurrah for them!

So you mean we should wait for the picture to become clearer until anything can be written? What happens when (when, not if) Greg Gregs THAT picture? If we take your attitude we will never see anything non-greg published again about Glorantha.

Stephen, the important thing isn't to be correct but playable. Glorantha is a game-world; there is NO generally available write-up of the 7M, and you want us who have campaigns to patiently wait until Greg gets his head together and writes one? Have another grenade.