Kitori

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 22:39:26 -0800

        I really like the idea of the woodsmen who mark the trees, in order to give elves the time to cut them down, but I really don't think this idea is relevent to the Kitori, as it depends on an decent elf population in the troll woods. Thats the Troll Woods, populated for many years by elf eating trolls, just to make my point quite clear.

        As to how the woods survive (the original motivation for putting elves there) - what makes you think trolls, especially Argan Argar trolls, don't like trees? The Tree Chopping song is designed for warfare against Aldryami, and is necessary only because trolls are not very familiar with axes (read: don't chop down trees routinely). Trees give shade during the day, exactly what Argan Argar worshippers allied with humans would want, methinks. Trolls kill Aldryami, not trees.

        Perhaps we can rescue the neat ribbons idea and move it somewhere else?

        The Kitori are one of those nagging things that come up again and again. I'd really like to have more of them in print.

        Cheers

                David