the final cut

From: Mystic Musk Ox <mab_at_sdc1.bnsc.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 10:22:28 GMT

Re Peaceful Cut:

I've always assumed that the Peaceful Cut was similar in idea to the necessary rituals in the RW for producting Halal or Kosher meat - so this would seem to imply that a failed roll means that you *can't* eat it, as it isn't just a measure of how well you kill it, but whether you did it *properly*.

BTW, a though that occurred to me as I was writing this - what would happen if someone successfully performed a Peaceful Cut on a human? Is there no effect (apart from death, of course!), does the human soul have to go to the animal afterlife until rescued, or something else (tm)?

I like the idea that the soul goes to the animal afterlife, as this has lots of MGF possibilities...rescue attempts via shaman, reincarnation, etc,etc.

cheers,

Mark Buckley.