Pavis

From: Dr M. D. Lay <michael.lay_at_ctsu.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 13:02:23 GMT

I am currently running the River of Cradles book, and, with the campaign in its fifth week (!), my players are in danger of actually reaching Pavis. As I was studying the Pavis street map, I came up with a pair of prosaic requests:
  1. The street map shows a magic shop, presumably run by a mage of some sort. Has anybody any comments on what such a shop would sell (and for how much)? My feeling would be that it would be mostly temporary charms (a pendant with several months duration perhaps), contract magic ("Make me the following item") and consulting ("We found this... what is it?").
  2. Divine magic: priests of friendly cults can presumably be induced to cast Divine magic on behalf of the PCs (Divination and Ressurect are two obvious things that the PCs might want!). The Chalanna Arroy write up states that the cult does not demand payment, but does expect a contribution. WOuld anybody care to comment on what a reasonable contribution might be?

If this is written up on somebody's web page, just point me in the right direction....

Mike Lay

michael.lay_at_ctsu.ox.ac.uk
<Help! My computer's disintegrating! The operating system's in 32 bits!>