Broo

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 19:42:38 +0000

River of Cradles p 32:
"The gestation period for a broo is 2 seasons + 1D8 weeks" Oh, and it does 2D6 damage to the abdomen on exit. Not necessarily lethal, from the sound of it.
The looks of the offspring: "capable of movement at birth, and already possessing teeth... The new larval broo invariably attempts to scuttle away from 'mother' and escape into the wilds."

Hope this helps. For a vaguely mammalian and human-sized creature, 12 weeks average sounds more reasonable than three days, anyway. I think personally I'd make the gestation period proportional to the size of the eventual adult broo, since they do vary considerably.

Jane Williams                     jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/index.shtml