Undines

From: David Ford <davford_at_vossnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 16:42:49 +0100

>>UNDINE IN A BOTTLE
>>>"Instant water. Just add MPs."

According to the RQ rules this is possible and in my opinion an excellent practical use of magic.

I can not understand why so many gamers, want their worlds to have magic but none of the side-effects that having magic in a world creates.

Also it seems that magic that kills/injures people is allowable but anything that upsets the ancients/medieval technological level is a no-no. Why is this?

In Glorantha especially, there does seem a tendency by modern gamers to reduce the effectiveness of resurrection and healing magic. I don't say this is a bad thing as each campaign should suit its gamers, but it would be nice if players and designers of Fantasy Role-Playing Games/Worlds had the guts for their worlds to be fantastic.

Dave