Troll Martial Arts

From: Michael O'Brien <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 19:46:23 +1000

G'day all,

Troll Martial Arts

All this debate about what sort of martial art Uz would use was resolved forcefully for me on Saturday night when I went to the Australian Grand Sumo Tournament. Think about it: these guys have the most "trollish" bodies imaginable, with huge limbs, rolls of fat and prodigeous bellies (with appetites to match!). Though I imagine trolls ain't as well mannered as the sumo boys.

The highlight of the night was seeing 99kg Mainoumi, the shortest and lightest rikishi in the competition (he had to get a silicone implant in his head to meet the minimum height requirement) defeat Konishki, the heaviest rikishi in sumo history. And we're talking *heaviest* - he weighs in at a truly great-trollish 275kg (606lbs)! What's more, Mainoumi - whose nickname is 'Mighty Mouse' - beat him by *throwing* him out of the ring! Wow!

Cheers,

MOB

>From the Notes from Nochet files:

[XXIX.contemporary-hagiography:west/236709458] THEOBLANC: The amethyst on his sleeve denoted temperate habits, or was meant to.