Homing arrows

From: Benedict Adamson <ben_at_cd.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 13:18:41 +0100

The idea of a homing arrow, is of course, modern technology recreated with Gloranthan magic. The objetions have all been along the lines of `ohmygod those are just tooo powerful, always hitting; they must be rare (or nonexistence).'

But why must a homing arrow be _guaranteed_ to hit. Modern homing missiles, laser guided bombs and cruise missiles are _not_ guaranteed to hit.* If our high-tech gizmos aren't guaranteed to hit, why not Gloranthan magic gizmos?

*Indeed, the probability of a hit is, it seems, suprisingly low (~30% rather than ~100%, from what I can tell).