polling

From: Mystic Musk Ox <mab_at_sdc1.bnsc.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:27:13 GMT

Chris Bell asks:

>Final riddle - I'd like to take an informal poll. How many members of
>the Digest ...
>(a) Came into Glorantha via gaming, as opposed to fiction? (KoS, Gray,etc.)

Through gaming.

>(b) Still play Glorantha-based RPG's (RQ, other home-grown variants)

Well, I still play RQ games, but hardly any of them have ever actually been set in Glorantha, either as a player or as a GM, in 20 years. I think that it is a great place, and I love some of the detail, but feel that (maybe because of the detail), it is much more suited to fiction than role-playing.

Also, I must admit to strong objectivist leanings (NOT for the PC's, who undoubtedly should be subjectivists, but for the GM, to actually have a grasp of what is going on behind the scenes).

>(c) Seriously write Gloranthan based essays or fiction (Myths, Stories,
>Poems, etc?)

No. I've never felt that I had enough knowledge of how Glorantha works to do that.

cheers,

Mark B.

PS: Last week I asked a question which had cropped up in my mind, can I ask it again, and see what people think:

What happens if the Peaceful Cut is performed on a human/troll/elf/dwarf (or can't you do it?). Where does their soul/spirit go, etc?