Lunar Aggression?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:15:04 -0400

Dave Cake writes:

> Certainly [the Lunars] are being aggressors in regards to Sartar,
> though. And so its quite reasonable that the Sartarite Orlanthi
> characterise them as aggressors, always.

IIRC, the first time Sartarites fought Lunars on the field of battle was when they allied with the violent drunken usurper Palashee Longaxe agains= t
the rightful kings of Tarsh, sending their warband to oppose the Provinci= al
Army, though I forget whether this was during Palashee's day or afterward= s
at the glorious victory of Grizzly Peak.

The Lunar invasion of Sartar came after this severe provocation, and very=

reasonable it was too. What would you do if some poxy bunch of barbarians=

thought they could raid at will and get away with impunity? Treat Sartar the same way as you treat Elkoi: that'll give 'em a sense of perspective.=

Still, those barbarians have always had problems coming to terms with the=

obvious consequences of their ill thought-out and impulsive actions, note= d
even in myth.

NB: in case it helps Shannon diagnose the recent =3D and =3D3D outbreaks,=  I
haven't done anything to my mailing software: must be something else, as problems on this scale are unprecedented.

::::
Nick
::::