Danny Bourne Digest, V4 #490

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 19:20:25 +0100 (BST)

I'd advise no-one to take free (or otherwise) legal advice from me, but isn't Chaosium policy that _periodicals_ (or perhaps, "periodicals") _don't_ require their specific approval?

While this is true, they define a periodical as coming out twice per year. I don't meet that requirement, don't think Danny does. Hell, sometimes even Tales doesn't!

BTW Danny, I thought you were gonna send me a copy of Chaosiana in exchange for Drastic?

<Styopa_at_iname.com> (Steve Lieb)
AH(tm) job posting

>Anyone else notice the job posting at the Avalon Hill website (tm)?

>Runequest designers wanted.

>So, if I understand correctly, we have a game that has been moribund but
for
>the tireless efforts of a (relatively) tiny community of die hards which
>will now be the focus of efforts of not one but TWO gaming companies?

>Has this ever happened before? Was Lei Tabor an open world? Does >TAHGC
have *any* authority to place their stuff in Glorantha?

Dave Cheng mentioned this to me today as well. But you misread it apparently, it said "RuneQuest" developers wanted, not "Glorantha" developers wanted. Avalon Hill has no authority to set anything in the world of Glorantha. And never again will, I am sure.

I have also heard that AH has someone who is nominally in charge of RQ in-house, though I doubt that is his "real" job. Anyone out there know his name? I am guessing it is the Bruce Hall who is running a game at Gen-Con, mentioned by someone a couple of Digests ago.

Oh yeah, the Poll.

  1. I first discovered Glorantha Christmas 1980 (one of the best presents I ever got). Loved it from the start, especially for Glorantha. Bought everything as it came out (except Griffin Mountain -- curse me for a fool), spent the next ten years finding and paying a pretty penny for all the stuff I missed in the previous five years.
  2. Don't have time to play much, and there aren't all that many people out here for me to play with, anyways. Suck as a gamemaster, so I don't do that anymore.
  3. Spend most of my free time writing Gloranthan material, both game-related and non-game related. My current focus is Celestial History and Mechanics, and Prax. Soon to move back to Trolls. But, as most of you can probably tell, I tend to dabble in everything.

On a similar topic, I want to echo Joerg's offer of a few Digests ago -- anyone with questions about Glorantha, I am willing to field them. I have one of the best collections of material I know of. However, be warned -- unless you tell me to stick to the published material, I'll probably give you my opinions too!

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com