Hungry Trolls in Sartar

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 07:30:51 -0400 (EDT)

Nick Brooke sez:
>> If I'm, say, a troll, and I wander into Sartar, someone will stick
>> sharp pointy things in me PDQ
>Good thing too. Trolls eat babies, don't they?
Well, in Sartar they sometimes have to. Ya call that Geo's crap *food*?

>PS: let's not forget the ethnically-sensitive Sartarite tradition of
>Dark Troll Jokes.

A Humakti, a Stormbuller, an Orlanthi, and a Yelmist are riding on a sylph. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, an arrow streaks up and hits it. "Argh," cries the sylph, "I'm hit. I can't carry all of you -- three of you are going to have to jump!"
The Humakti stands up, sez "Death has no terrors for me," and jumps off. The Stormbuller, not to be outdone, sez "Grrrarrr! I'll aim for a broo as I fall!" and jumps off.
The Orlanthi stands up, sez "I always try to live by the principles of Orlanth," and pushes the Yelmist off.

(Getting some mileage out of a WWII-era joke...)