Heroquests & more

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 23:58:23 +0200

Owen Jones:
> A question for Nils Weinander (and others), based on his YAHQS ideas.
> Suppose Bjorn does convert. His heroquest is supported by a sizeable clan
> back in the mundane world. When he returns does he (a) find they have
> shared his revelation (b) solomly declare his revelation and get torn to
> bits by the mob (c) realise they don't get it when their support leaves
> him while he's still in the heroplane?

In YAHQS terms, the supporters can choose to support only parts of the quest. However, I would say that this possible only if it is planned in advance. I.e. if the supporters know that the quester is going to do something fishy at one point during the quest they declare beforehand that they won't help out there.

If Bjorn in the course of the quest makes an unorthodox choice, i.e. different from the usual, the expected, I don't think they can decide to withdraw their support because they are so heavily immersed.

Whether scenario a) or b), or something in between, becomes true should depend on how weird his action was. In the case above probably a) or something in between. Had Bjorn chosen to lend his aid to Vivamort or Zorak Zoran, the mob would probably send him to meet Humakt with good speed since he made them participate in such an atrocity.

David Dunham:

>Thanks to Sandy Petersen calling me a Wyrm's Friend, I will be running a
>mini-LARP at Glorantha-Con V in Victoria. It's called "Diet of Wyrms,"
>since most of the characters will be representatives of that august body.
>Others will probably include the Dara Happan Ambassador, the Pure Horse
>King, and the Only Old One.

<pout> As one of the other designated Wyrm's Friends I would sure have loved to play in it. Alas, I won't be there. <pout again>.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689