Ice Trolls

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:08:45 -0500

> ...while isolated groups (Ice trolls IMG) still have single enlo
> of marginally higher quality (when compared to the multiple enlo
> births).

        I once asked Greg if Ice Trolls had trollkin. He told me that they deny it. That is, they do, but they eat them right away....

> Multiple births usually yield trollkin, Second or Third Age,
> because there are .....

        I seem to recall that trollkin started out as single births. Then, after a great HeroQuester attempted to break the curse, they started to come in litters. This didn't make the enlo any bigger or more usefull, but there started to be enough of them around that the uzko could get some use out of them as a group. (Trollpack, I think.)

James Turner wonders innocently:
> 1. When you HeroQuest do you remain in the physical plane?

        Depends on the Quest. In some of them you skip back and forth, in others you remain in the mundane world almost all the time.

> If so, what do non heroquesting by-standers see?

        Again it depends. But if the Questor is receiving significant support, it will be obvious what is happening. Remember that as your Pow stat goes up, it affects your Luck, Charisma, Leadership, Orate, etc. If you have a lot of support from the guys back home, you are probably glowing with/from the extra magic....

        Note that it is possible to Quest without support, but it is very much harder, most people don't try it like that. (Except for the samll stuff, perhaps I should say very small?)

> THE GODS ARE REAL AS TOASTED CHEESE SANDWICHES!
>
> (Get that straight in your head. Ignore those other idiots.)

        I agree, I like my fantasy worlds to have gods. Martin Laurie does a lot of good stuff, and is not actually an idiot, but I take no pleasure from playing "SociologyQuest". I have enough trouble finding an RQ game as it is...

Andrew