MGF ideas

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 12:16:00 -0700

>From a moral point of view this would raise no problems for a chaotic/evil
cult (see Thanatar). As for other cults thats arguable but parts of the lunar
empire would practice it.

>This kind of practice could lead to high ranking people becoming practically
immortal, imagine when your body starts to get old sacrifice a war prisoner/criminal/slave and hay-presto you've got a healthly young body.

I think most cultures would consider this evil - a type of undead. THere would also be some sort of soul deterioration or curruption, I would think. But the practicer mght not realize it... MGF villian-plot potential!

Nick :

>"Sell those goods to me here, and I'll help you. Then I can carry them to
Glamour and make a profit for myself. But if you want to take that caravan
of goods all the way to Glamour yourself, that's quite a different proposition..."

I agree a that would be a common response. But a trade caravan deep into the Lunar Empire would be an MGF scenario. Perhaps a way could be found? Perhaps an Issaries trader was awarded the right to take a trade caravan to Glamour as a reward for outstanding service in the provinces?  All kinds of passess signed by the governor of Mirin's Cross, with lots of Imperial stamps, would help quite a bit. Though *undoubtedly* some of the required visas would be missing...

James Fruzetta:

>Fun roleplaying in there -- I can just see the interplay between the
non-DH Lunar unit escorting a visiting troll, and the local DH cops... "Say there, boy, why don't you take yew and yer men over there fer lunch.
We'll watch that thereah monstah for yew. No trouble at all... Theyah gone

"Bad cops"? Loyal, justice-loving Dara Happans who obey all the standards of righteous purity by slaying the foul, people-eating Dijigelm? (Remember, some Pelorians still tell stories of the Darkness, when bands of DarkEaters roved through the land, *actually* hunting and eating people!) This is analogous to calling Orlanthi who attack a scorpion men "dishonest", just because the Lunars have given it safe pasasge into Boldhome.

Pam