Not yelling this time

From: Martin Laurie <MLaurie_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:58:23 -0400

Rick Meints comments:                                                    =
  =

               =

>Subject: The future of Glorantha =
  =

     =

>While I realize that Martin Laurie will now label me as a =
  =

     =

>"whining maggot" and I may also end up "choking on my own =
  =

     =

>vomitous outpourings"

I couldn't label you any such thing for the simple reason that I have a copy of your MIG and know that you put your money where your mouth is and produce some ball beltingly good stuff. The only people I lable whining maggots are those who appear out of the blue and complain about a lack of game useable material =

instead of writing it themselves and letting us see their works!

>As for some logical basis for supporting Objectivism... =
  =

     =

>There is room for both approaches (Sub/Obj) in Glorantha. =
  =

     =

>We don't need for one or the other to reign supreme. They =
  =

     =

>can and have coexisted quite peacefully for many years. =
  =

     =

I agree, and would agree to disagree but when people say my =

opinion is wrong without actually coming up with a cogent argument to say why, then I get irked. However, if they just said, "I don't have an argument but I just like it like that." Then I'd leave em alone.

>My advice to myself has been to get writing. If I get stuck, I ask =
  =

     =

>a few other gloranthaphiles to help. When I have enough for an article =
  =

     =

>I will submit it to Tales or Tradetalk. If they reject it I'll probably =
  =

     =

>put it on someone's web page or the daily. =
  =

     =

Now you see, this is sound, sane, logical advice yet I guarantee that a few months or even weeks from now we'll get someone else who totally ignores this advice and will whine on about how unproductive and how litt= le
us Digesters are. Just you watch.

>As a gross oversimplification. If only 20% of the (roughly) 500 people w=
ho

     =

>read/subscribe to this digest wrote one page of material every other
month, =

>we could publish a MONTHLY magazine the size of Tales or Tradetalk. =

Exactly. Its not that hard to do. However the problem we have is =

the old Douglas Adams "Somebody Elses Problem" field. Sure =

people want game stuff but they can't be bothered to do it themselves, =

want to be led by the hand through their games with a nice suppliment =

telling their layers how to use the latrine. In Glorantha this isn't goi= ng

to happen so why don't they do something about it? =

Oh, I don't buy the old "I've a busy life excuse" as you can _always_ mak= e
the time if you want to but it takes will and it takes commitment and mos= t =

people don't want to. =

Martin Laurie

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #529