Traits

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 23:48:22 +0100 (BST)

s.lucek ascribes Traits:
> I get rid of the 'Merciful / Cruel' trait, since you can
> subsume this in a combination of the 'Violent / Peaceful' and
> 'Forgiving / Vengeful' traits.

Hrm, I dunno. Wouldn't you say Gawain was Violent, Vengeful, and (somewhat) Merciful? Granted, he's not an Orlanthi. ;-)

> Incidently I would use an 'honour bonus' which works exactly as a
> 'chivalry bonus', which for the Orlanthi culture might be determined by
> Energetic, Generous, Just, Proud, Valorous and Honour.

That's a bit too like the Orlanth _cult_ virtues to be very interesting to distinguish, I think. The Religious and Chivalric virtues in Pendragon don't overlap that much, and there's a fair bit of scope for different permutations, as opposed to (Orlanthi) "all" Orlanthi men being Orlanthi, if you see what I mean.

> Now I run Pendragon, and eagerly await the
> publication of a new Gloranthan Role Play game. Is there a patron saint
> of lost causes I might offer a prayer to? :)

St. Jude of Albany, perhaps? I believe the favoured method of worship is the ritual pyramid-selling of Mythos cards...

G'dnight,
Alex.