New Competition!

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 06:10:29 -0400

Thanks to a recent post to this Daily, I'm delighted to announce a new Competition, to be judged at RQ-Con Victoria. Entrants will be required to interpret the following screed of splenetic gibberish, preferably in an amusing, entertaining and informative way that contributes to our hobby and has some relevance to real life:

> The Barntar replacing Orlanth argument has come up before. There is =

> at least one source somewhere which says that Orlanth was suppressed =

> in favour Barntar. But by the Metcalf rules this is irelvent.
> So sticking to the Metcalf and friends (Humath/ Humakt) rules of =

> Glorantha I am saying, as mentioned by others, that in 1621 organised =

> worship of Orlanth was banned in 1621 and replaced by Barntar, not =

> unlike Tarsh this is now Truth. So of course if there is ever now a =

> non-perodical publication set in Glorantha which contradicts this, =

> its wrong.

Costuming, body-paints, gesture, percussion and song are acceptable aids to this dramatic interpretation. Unfortunately, our standard competition rules mean that David "Arsehole" Boatright cannot be permitted to enter. And as he's the only man alive who has any idea what he's on about, I now declare the Competition over. Sorry, guys.

::::
Nick
::::