Those past 13 years....

From: DanJKahn_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 08:26:19 -0400 (EDT)

Cher M'sieur Nick Brooke, Renaissance man, poet, wit, and object of desire replys to the man of yesteryear with

"But if you've really been treading water quite self-sufficiently for the last
thirteen years or so, how come you need our help now?"

Thank you very much for the detailed and comprehensive source resource reply.

You have aided me in making a reasoned and informed choice in my economic spending patterns, rather than just throwing money at anything with AH printed on its side. I'm afraid I have a romantic view of an utter distrust of "suits" interfering with something, IMHO that wasn't really broken in the first place. I know, I know, it is an irrational emotional response against the profit motive, but better the devil one knows than a whole new dynasty of gods and rules, that needs money to be spent on it each time there's an edition change.(Just look at the "other system", I started playing that 2nd edition as well in about 1980, but don't recognise it at all nowadays. Tempus Fugit, wot?)

(But if I don't like throwing away money, why was I asking after mucho expensive "Borderlands" then, eh? Romanticism once more I'm afraid.)

Actually it's very nice to have your help in this matter. The past 13 years I didn't have an internet connection, (I was still grinding my corn by hand you know) and I ran/played my last RQ session about 5 years ago. I've decided to dust off my books and enthuse my mates into playing again. I then see there's a whole host of new stuff from AH but unfortunately my wallet hasn't expanded proportionately (brains before money, eh?). I may now invest, upon your advice, in some of the source material as it saves time and allows my genius to be used for other projects.

I do hope your cold gets better by the way (may I suggest gargling with hot salt water....it may make both you and I feel a lot better)

Dan Kahn