Trickster Magic

From: DTaylor447_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 18:40:38 -0400 (EDT)

   In Digest #557 Rick Meints comments that according to Greg Trickster magic tends to backfire 50% of the time. While I don't presume to know exactly what Greg has in mind as far as that, it has been my experience that due to both a big negative stealth modifier, and a tendency to sacrifice for some really usefull rune magic, the average trickster doesn't have an extremely high power, which tends to lead to some REALLY untimely spell casting failure.While my Eurmali Durulz is over 90% with both Bastard and Short swords, and more than capable of holding his own in a toe to toe fight with the average NPC, without his high stealth skills and a distinct preference for using them, he just wouldn't seem like much of a Trickster.

   Stealthily,

             Dale