URGENT: Life of Moonson

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 05:46:27 -0400

____________________ =

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT! =
=

There are still places available in Reaching Moon Megacorp's new =

freeform, "Life of Moonson", at RQ-Con in Victoria this month. =

This game is by the authors of "Home of the Bold" and "How the =

West was One," enjoyed by many at Convulsions and RQ-Cons past. =

The author/directors have previously played in or directed some =

of the world's best freeforms, including "Cafe Casablanca" and =

"The King's Musketeers". We are proud of what we have written, =

and look forward to presenting it for you in Canada. =

=

Our game is not yet completely full. We *could* cut a handful of =

the fifty characters without damaging the plots too much, but if =

we have fewer players it will *not* be possible to run the game. =

This is not a "Broken Council" situation, as the game is ready =

to run: if we get more players swiftly, it *will* go ahead. We =

are keen to fill the game, as then we will not need to do any =

unnecessary work cutting out finished material from what has =

already been written. =

=

So, whether or not you've tried freeforming before, please think =

seriously about signing on for this game. No prior Gloranthan or =

freeforming knowledge is required. The author/directors are all =

contactable via e-mail, and are *very* keen to help new players =

get into the spirit of things. Both male and female roles are =

available. These are *not* "second-best" or "last-choice" parts, =

as all our characters are involved in the action of the game! =

(Like I said: if we can't cast them, the game won't work. They're =

all *important* people).
=

     please let us know as soon as possible. =

=

     first and then let us know as soon as possible if they are =

     keen to play. =

=

     Moonson" but now know you will not be attending the Con or
     able to play, please let us know as soon as possible so we =

     can re-cast your assigned character. Don't feel bad about =

     this: we'd rather know something's wrong *before* the day! =

=

"Life of Moonson" does *not* clash with "The Fall of the House =

of Malan," the other new freeform at RQ-Con Victoria. You will =

*not* lose your place in "House of Malan" by bailing us out now. =

It would be a great shame, after all the work that has gone into =

preparing this game, if it is not possible for it to debut in =

Canada. (A reassuring word: this would not impact on the planned =

runs in Australia and England, as the game is finished and ready =

to run). =

=

Please send your replies to me at <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>. =

I will ensure they are forwarded to all the relevant organisers, =

and will let you know as soon as possible if you have got a place =

in the freeform. =

=

There is no need to complete the full casting questionnaire (if =

you have already seen this): if you can just inform us which of =

the following archetypal characters you think you would like or =

dislike playing, we will do our best to accommodate your wishes. =

=

Character Archetypes: =

  [ ] Hero of the Empire =

  [ ] Corpulent Sultan =

  [ ] Military Bigwig =

  [ ] Religious Zealot =

  [ ] Scheming Politician =

  [ ] Obsequious Bureaucrat =

  [ ] Visiting Dignitary =

  [ ] Loyal Lieutenant =

=

If you can list any preferred character traits ("Loyal, Evil, =

Maniacal") or useful physical characteristics ("Tall, Bearded, =

Good Singer"), this may help us find a more appropriate role. =

=

If you aren't sure whether this is the game for you, but would =

like to know more, please write to me with your questions and =

I'll do my best to "sell" the game to you. Note: this game is =

*not* about running around hitting people with rubber swords! =

While we encourage costuming, this need not be over-elaborate: =

an appropriately coloured T-shirt or "toga" is a good start. =

=

(But please: if you *know* you can't play, hold onto your questions =

for a month or so: we still have plenty of work to do producing the =

final cast list and printing out all the character sheets and game =

components, without answering theoretical queries!) =

=

Thanks for your help, =

=

:::: =

Nick =

:::: =

=

PS: the other authors are David Hall <glorantha_at_compuserve.com> =

and Kevin Jacklin <jacklink_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>. Write to them =

if you prefer, but *please* copy me in on any mail which relates =

to casting, or we may lose track of your application! =

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #2