(no subject)

From: Simon
Date: 04/07/97 10:21

RE: Copy of: Fonrit.

Hi All,

 Thanks to Sandy and Pete fort their ideas. In response to Sandy, I had begun to come to terms with Gorgondaros and his crowd, I had come to understand some of the earth deities and then you go and tell me about the Cosmic Council and throw a spanner in my works, PLEASE elaborate.

 Pete, I liked your rather unusual ideas about Fanjosi, they were cool. Zorak Zoran called Zoraq, nah! I don't like that one too much. I associated him with either Orjethulut or Hanjethulut (the Two brothers deities from the city of Yngortu, they are often associated with being Humakt and Zorak Zoran in heretical sibling rivalry).

 What I had been doing was looking at the religious make up of each city state, I think each one has used a pick and mix system of favourite gods, as well as having some ancient ones imposed upon them. I also perceive differences between Afadjann and Kareeshtu as a whole, one example is the Sun gods:

 In Afadjann I have Fida'Is the Slave Sunbird who tumbles across the sky in his death throws until his final conflagration in the west. In my mythology he was beaten by a deity called Um-Oradin, who struck out against him for being an overly oppressive ruler. This event was clearly visible to the world as the Sunstop, Arachne Solara's web being perceived as Um-Oradin's whips. Fida'Is is lead through the heavens by the Star deity Karkisso (lightfore) on a long chain.

 In Kareeshtu Az-Yahlem is venerated as the sun. He is the back burner, he is the scorching tyrant who keeps order and rule. He travels by day to watch his people as the Massarin watches his slaves. In the summer when he is strongest he beats down mercilessly upon the brows of the people to show tem his strength. At night he resides in his flaming hell palace, seated upon the screaming corpses of the Veldang gods, feasting upon the souls of the fallen. He knows that the world he has left behind is now cold and full of monsters, and they must rejoice at his return on the morrow. Incedently Karkisso is seen as the runaway slave who Az-Yahlem chases through heaven.

 All IMG
 Simon Bray.