Aussie toaster biscuits

From: Bill.McKinley_at_mailhost.dpie.gov.au
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 9:26:50 +1000

                      Aussie toaster biscuits                      10/7/97

>So if they're not Actual Muffins (TM), and not pancakes, what exactly
>are they? (At least no-one has mentioned "scones" yet, which are
>always guaranteed to add to the confusion.)

The English muffins that are sold in Australia are circular (about 10-15 centimetres across). They are, at most, 2.5 centimetres thick. They have a chewy crust, and taste rather like bread. You cook them by cutting them in half and putting them under the griller. As someone noted, they are very nice with honey. Some people (mainly toaster manufacturers) say that you can cook them in a pop-up toaster, but I have never been able to get good results using this method.

As for Australian toaster biscuits, let me just say that I was born in Australia and have lived all my life here and have never ever heard of an 'Australian toaster biscuit'. Perhaps the original poster was confusing them with pop tarts?

Cheers
Bill McKinley