Re: Missing GDs (And How to Retrieve Them)

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 13:46:39 -0700

>I have not received #28 or #30 of the Glorantha Digest, and from a couple
>of messages recently posted it seems the same is happening to others...
>
>Shannon, is there something wrong with the mailing list or is the problem
>at my end (with my new, allegedly improved ISP)?

As far as I know, the mailing lists on chaosium.com are all working fine. With that said, I'd still be happy to hear from people when stuff goes missing so that I can verify the continuing health of our link.

In case anyone does ever have an issue go missing, the index and get functions are now working fine for the glorantha list. (They didn't use to over on erzo.) They should be used to retrieve missing issues.

If you ever want to get a listing of archived Glorantha digests mail the command "index glorantha-digest" to majordomo_at_chaosium.com:

You'll get a reply something like this:

  total 1093

  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      38528 Jun 30 23:29 v05.n001
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      43776 Jul  1 10:28 v05.n002
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      41751 Jul  1 19:28 v05.n003
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      25864 Jul 11 09:33 v05.n042
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      21645 Jul 11 14:28 v05.n043
  -rw-rw----   1 domo     daemon      20573 Jul 11 19:28 v05.n044

You can then mail majordomo_at_chaosium.com the command "get glorantha-digest filename" to retrieve an individual file, ie:

  get glorantha-digest v05.n028
  get glorantha-digest v05.n030

If you send a number of requests together, each digest will get mailed back to you as a seperate file.

Make sure to put all majordomo commands in the body of a message to majordomo_at_chaosium.com, not in the subject.

I'll add the v04 files sometime soon. I just need to mail them over from erzo.

Shannon