MoLaD

From: Steven E. Barnes <akuma_at_best.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 22:32:06 -0700

OK, something that has been bugging me for about 15 years:

Why would anyone want to participate in the Masters of Luck and Death tourney? The big prize is that the Pharaoh gets to take over your body. And what happens to the losers? Since the contest has "Death" in its title, I would assume the penalty for failure is harsh...

I guess there are promises of spiritual rewards, but it sounds like a con game to me. Many of the most "qualified" might not want to participate (unless gullibility is one of the qualities the Pharaoh is looking for)