Arkati Generals/Yelm Cult/Powergamers

From: Nikk Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:25:08 +0100

Well, everyone's gone to the convention, leaving just us chickens.....

Arkati Generals

Nick Brooke:

>What came after the First Age? The Second Age! Do you have to be
>immortal to have a career spanning both?

When I talked about them being immortal, I meant having excesively long life spans beyond that of a normal human being (all the generals were human).

>The three generals named are likely to have been long-lived,

Exceedingly long lived. If they fought against Gbaji in Dorastor, in 450, and we assume they about thirty years old at this time then, by the year 1049 ST when they invaded Seshnela, they would be 629 years old, on average, which seems to indicate (to me at least) that they do not age.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this, but it does put a new spin on things. Where did they hide during the God Learner Incursion?? Which of them are still on the Mundane Plane at the moment?? We know Goriant has a Hero Cult, so obviously he is either still alive as a Hero or apothesized with his Lord Humakt. If they are still alive, then maybe it is these three beings that are engaging in the HeroQuests that are allowing Arkat to return to the Cosmos once again??

Yelm Cult

The Mystic Musk Ox(?):

>After all the stuff about Teshnos recently, I thought I would go and look out
>an "official" Yelm writeup, basically to steal ideas from for use as a
>prototype Somash cult. Found the entry in GoG, no problem, but surprisingly,
>there doesn't seem to be a full write-up anywhere.

There is a write up of Yelm a copy of White Wolf. Most people think it is the Pentan version of the cult, but IMHO the Pentan version would be entirely shaman based and the WW version is for Sun County's version of the cult. Has anyone done a Dara Happan version???

PowerGamers

Simon Phipp's under the guise of Nick Krass:

>(If you gave a Powergamer a piece of
>string they would try and strangle someone with it - I know, I was in a
>scenario where we were placed in a copy of a Victorian suburban House and
>ran around tearing furniture apart, getting pots and pans and improvising
>weapons (Pot Parry = half medium shield parry, if you are interested.)

I don't think that's power gaming, although I do recall one player who insisted on playing a crafter, and then using his collection of pots, pans and ceramic jugs to lethal effect....

All IMHO,

Nikk E.

Nikk the Broo Shaman of Thed
http://www.personal.u-net.com/~eff