Enlightenment & "art"

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 03:34:03 +0200

Andrew Joelson:
> Alex Ferguson: (correctly quoted, this time)
> > ...since while Illumination and Enlightenment are relatively
> > similar processes...
>
> This was not the impression I got from a couple of Lore Auctions.
> Sandy has been quite specific about Dragons not being Illuminated, and
> not requiring it. The have some other skill/gift/outlook that gives
> them a basic understanding as clear as (if not more clear) than Illumination.
> Is this not what Kralorelans mystics hope to attain, and refer to as
> Enlightenment?

In lunar terms Illumination has to do with your seventh part? It's about recognizing the divine spark within, about reconciliation of opposites.

IMO, kralorelan/draconic enlightenment is about grasping intellectually, emotionally and intuitively the holistic nature of the world, you are the world, and the world is you.

Not quite the same, I think. The effects may be similar perhaps, but the revelations are different.

And now for something completely different. Those who have always wanted to know what an East Isles ship looks like, just point your browsers at

        http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/gallery.html

where you will find scanned images of a couple of drawings I have done. Mind you, I'm not a professional artist, so don't expect Simon Bray/Dan Barker quality.

Anyway, more to come.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689