begining to see the light?

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 02:28:33 -0800

> I could well be wrong here, but I didn't think the Pelorians deny the
>existence of Chaos, they just don't think it's necesserily a Bad Thing.

        When Alex talks about 'Pelorians' he is talking more about the Yelmics rather than the Lunies. The Yelmics would, in general, say that Chaos is a Bad Thing - certainly broos and such. Even the Lunar propaganda about how good they are in only necessary because most people think they are obviously bad. Its just that the Yelmics don't distinguish between different categories of Bad Thing that much. Whereas an Orlanthi would distinguish between a broo (Very Bad) and a troll (very scary and often an enemy, but fights chaos, so when it comes down to it, Good), to a Yelmic they are both equally evil, and there is no real point in distinguishing them.

> OTOH, I'd agree that the God Learners Secret relied on a specific mindset
>which Illumination renders impossible.

        I'm not convinced that the RuneQuest Sight is incompatible with Illumination. But the RuneQuest sight probably removes the desire for Illumination.

        Think of Illumination as the ability to appreciate multiple world views.

David Cake, Connoiseur of the weird
"Did you come to Earth for evil purposes?"