Yelorna, Prax, Freeforms, Time, Cults, Months

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 03:15:58 -0400

James Turner asks:

> Can someone tell me which supplement had the RQ2 Yelorna write up?

Big Rubble.

> Was there ever a RQ3 one?

Just printed, in Book of Drastic Resolutions (Volume Prax), released last weekend at RQCon Victoria. I've now had a chance to review this product, and think it contains *essential* material for campaigns set in Prax: given the volume and quality of the contents, you really can't afford to be without this supplement.

Drastic Resolutions Volume Prax is 100 pages (plus cover), and has a cover price of USD 13.00. Contact Stephen Martin <juno_at_ilium.com> for ordering and availability information. This book will be available from the Megacorp in due course, and I imagine our distributors will announce local prices when they're ready to take orders.

Trent Di Renna ponders:

> I've always been curious how the LARPs at the various conventions
> are run.

Why not come along to a Con and see for yourself, O Best Beloved?

> Are they live-combat with "boffer" weapons, like IFGS or NERO, or
> is it more like Mind's Eye Theatre or Cthulhu Live? Being a
> LARPer myself, I am quite curious.

No rubber swords lash out in our freeforms, which are of a somewhat literary, character/plot-driven bent. Characters are all written for you, so nobody arrives playing a Mistress Troll Illuminated Death Lord of Vivamort, unless that's what the authors had in mind. (I've sent Trent some of my posts from last summer about our approach to freeforms, so he should have plenty to chew upon...)

Mike Cule, He Say:

> There are (as far as I'm aware) no worshipped deities of Time on
> Glorantha. (Although I'm willing to be corrected on this.)

If anyone does worship Time, it's likely to be the Lunars. They claim their Goddess has a "special relationship" with Time, there's a great Monument to Time in Glamour (which we now know looks something like the Eiffel Tower, from Juili Anne Hudson's panoramic view of Glamour on the back cover of the "Rough Guide"), and they have a body of mages known as Chronomancers. Possibly they're only doing this to freak out the barbarians, though... :-)

Dan McCluskey writes:

> However, this is exactly what I'm implying. The cult of Kyger
> Litor specifically forbids killing another troll for food. ANY
> other troll.

Sun Domer Transvestites, again. Cultic prohibitions are there to stop you doing things that, left to yourself and your own base (human or trollish) nature, you'd probably do and/or *enjoy* doing!

(munch, munch) "Didn't look like a Kyger Litor follower to me. Didn't even make the Greeting sign right. OK, so I took off his head from behind with a Multimissiled slingstone at a hundred paces before he ever saw me, but I'm sure he was a wild troll, not one of Uz..."

Re: Moons, Months and Menses

Many moons ago, I asked Greg about menstrual cycles in Glorantha. If I remember correctly, he said that the four-week menstrual cycle was an Earth cycle, not a Lunar one. His opinion may have changed, as usual.

::::
Nick
::::