Gloranthan nation analogies

From: were.ralph <were.ralph_at_virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 19:47:06 -0700

When I began playing RQ, back in '82 or '83, one of the things that appealed to me was it's overall feeling of ancient Greece. The miniatures we used (manufactured by Games Workshop) supported this idea. When, then did it all change, and why?. Was it because when AH took over they set their version in Mythic Europe? I was recently lucky enough to come across an obscene quantity of old GW figures, but they can never cover all eventualities in roleplaying, and the Ral Partha range (now also discontinued) add little to my collection. I still use RQ2, but have recently been stocking up on RQ3 books for the background material, I know that any future range will support the new(er) idea of more varied analogies.
So, to adapt, it would seem would be the obvious choice. Can someone please sum up for me the major analogies of Genertela. Are the Lunars a Greek or Roman anaolgy, or a mix of many....etc. Do they have a Persian influence, etc.
Thanks in anticipation
Ralph Plowman
were.ralph_at_virgin.net

P.S. Can someone please give me AH's web address.