Inspiration

From: Jose Ramos <cristnav_at_arrakis.es>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 11:48:02 +0200

        As everybody is saying their sources to characterize certain Gloranthan cultures, here is my take on Safelster.

        Besides the Quatroccento Italians, I use Tokugawa Japan. Strong caste differences, but with certain mobility. Code of honour for the knights. And small wars fought with mercenaries and a small core of loyal knights. Honour is highly valued. And foreigners are looked down.

        Think about it.

        As figurines, Late medieval infantry (Flemish, or militia) with spears (no pikes), lots of crossbows with pavises, and men at arm. Plate but no Gothic plate. And lots of "specials": Religious fanatics, Swordsmen (Two handed), Polearms...

        Jose