Gerallon

From: Michael O'Brien <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 14:00:14 +1000

G'day all,

Please note that my work e-mail address - 'michael.obrien_at_actf.com.au' - will no longer be available shortly. Though I might still post from it for a while, could everyone please reply to my home address in all future correspondence:

'mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au'

Gerallon

I hope some of you enjoyed "Gerallon", the story I have featured in my recent "Notes from Nochet" material that I tack on to my posts. Gerallon still wanders the highways and byways of the Lunar frontier, seeking the broo who killed his mother and took the head of the only friend he ever had. Should you or your PCs ever encounter this unusual broo on the road some day, here are game stats for him that I created long ago (I've added in a few PDP touches).

As I've already noted, I've lost contact with the original author (who I think was either Finnish or Swedish). If anyone knows who it was, I'd like to get in touch again. Who knows, there might even be further adventures of Gerallon that we don't know about?

GERALLON
Male broo.

STR 15
CON 17
SIZ 15
INT 16
POW 20
DEX 16
APP 12 Hit Points: 16
Move: 4
=46atigue: 32 - 05 ENC =3D 20
Dodge: 87 - 05 ENC =3D 84%

19-20  Head    20     3/6
16-18  L.A.    18-19  1/5
13-15  R.A.    16-17  1/5
12     Chest   11-15  1/8
09-11  Abdm    07-10  1/6
05-08  L.L     04-06  1/6
01-04  R.L     01-03  1/6

Weapon     SR   A%    Damage       P%     AP
Broadsword  6   89    1d8+1+1d4    79     22
Spells up* 6 156 2d8+15+1d6 126 22

   *see below

Spirit Magic (95%): Heal-3; Mobility-1.

Skills: Climb 86%; Jump 75%; Hide 108%; Sneak 96%; First Aid 88%; Animal Lore 69%; Plant Lore 91% Human Lore 23%; Broo Lore 06%; World Lore 34%; Conceal 87%; Devise 93%; Listen 100%; Scan 103%; Search 86%; Track 99%.

Languages: New Pelorian 66/50; Aggarite 36/--; Broos 17/--.

Chaotic Features: None
Diseases: None

16  Chaste/Lustful      04
13  Energetic/Lazy      07

06 Forgiving/Vengeful 14
14 Generous/Selfish 06
16 Honest/Deceitful 04
16  Just/Arbitrary      04
10  Merciful/Cruel      10
17  Modest/Proud        03
10  Pious/Worldly       10

15 Prudent/Reckless 05
14 Temperate/Indulgent 06
05 Trusting/Suspicious 15
15 Valorous/Cowardly 05

Passions

Love - Darya                 20
Vengeance - Darya's Killers  23
Honour                       07
Hate - Brookind              16

Special Items: An iron broadsword, formerly that of Count Victor, a Sword of Humakt whose ghost is now bound into it. The blade is enchanted to have 22 AP and while Count Victor is bound into it, has the following powers:
*Double-damage to creatures of chaos.
*Will rattle in its scabbard if Victor's Sense Assassin skill is successfu=
l.
*3 point spell strengthening crystal set into pommel, attuned to Count Vic=
tor.
*12 MP and 10 MP Matrixes stitched onto grip, with the condition that only
   Swords of Humakt may use them.
*Parry-6 Matrix, etched onto the blade, useable only by Humakt cultists.

Notes: Gerallon has no power over the ghost in his blade, who will assist him when he sees fit. He is aware of Count Victor's considerable powers though, but this is only part of the reason why he always fights fairly.

Tactics: Gerallon has learned to rely on his own abilities in a scrap, and if Victor kicks in, well and good.

COUNT VICTOR
=46ormer Sword of Humakt, bound into iron broadsword.

INT 15 POW 15 Spirit Magic (75%): Bladesharp-10; Disrupt; Repair-3; Strength-1 (raises Gerallon's damage modifier to +1d6)

Divine Magic: Worship Humakt I; Sanctify I; Detect Truth I; Shield VI; Truesword III; Heal Wound V; Sever Spirit I.

Skills: Sense Assassin 99%.

Languages: New Pelorian 75/50; Aggarite 23/--.

Humakt Gifts/Geases: Sense Assassin - Never participate in an ambush; Bless sword against chaos - Use no spirit magic Heal spells; Recover MP at 3x normal speed - Never refuse a 3-1 challenge.

Notes: Count Victor cannot communicate directly with Gerallon, though he has a limited amount of control over the sword he inhabits. He is as yet unaware that his proteg=E9 is a broo.

Tactics: Victor cannot see into the material plane - his perception is limited to sources of POW and anything his Sense Assassin picks up. In spite of this, he is not deliberately tardy with assistance for Gerallon. His usual response to combat is to cast his full Bladesharp and Parry spells (with his crystal, Bladesharp-13 and Parry-9!), followed by Truesword and Strength and perhaps Shield, then watch, using his Divine magic as required.

Cheers

MOB PS Sergio, I take it you're from Portugal? I'm interested to know if RQ/Glorantha material exists in a Portuguese translation? Is it very popular there?

=46rom the Notes from Nochet files:

[XXIX.12-42/starlore] Who was Gallegos? He was a hero who was granted immortality and omnipotence so long as he did nothing. Such is the reason that the declination of his star, seen since his apotheosis in the western heavens, remains fixed, and neither twinkles nor fades, not even in the full light of day. Might it ever change? Only Gallegos could tell us, and he cannot answer.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #107