Familars

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 23:06:37 -0400 (EDT)

<TTrotsky_at_aol.com>:

> Eh? I thought that familiars could only be incomplete creatures or
> inanimate objects, and a herd-man is neither. Mind you, I always thought it
> was a bit of a pity you couldn't have a black cat as a familiar or something
> like that. Have I misread the rules or has Tal? Or is there some way of
> making a familiar I've forgotten about?

A herd man *is* an incomplete creature, and so is a black cat. Animals with fixed INT are incomplete.

<Paul.Harmaty_at_aig.com>

> In the RW menses are effected by the moon.

No, they aren't. The average human menstrual cycle is about one Lunar cycle, but they aren't synchronized in general and in fact the great majority of women don't have a cycle that matches the Lunar one. - --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
<http://dm.net>
"I don't mind being called a greedy, satanic terrorist." -Scott Adams