RE:Hal Bowman and Michael O'Brien

From: Sérgio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 00:42:51 +0100

Hal Bowman on Danfive Xaron writeup cult (which I didn't read):
> the vast secret police/secret army, etc. apparatus
> protecting the Lunar Empire from internal foes is composed and lead by
> ex-criminals.

I'm no expert on the issue but is it possible that what the Lunar Empire and Danfive Xaron understand by being an ex-criminal is very different from our RW understanding of such a concept?

Michael O'Brien:
> PS Sergio, I take it you're from Portugal? I'm interested to know if
> RQ/Glorantha material exists in a Portuguese translation? Is it very
> popular there?

Yes I'm Portuguese.
No, AFAIK there are no Portuguese translations. Role playing in general is almost an underground activity in Portugal. AFAIK the only commercial product to appear here was a game whose name starts with D (not even the one with an A on its name got a translation). It wasn't what you'ld call a success. In fact I think that RPGs do have a chance now since card games (at least the one with M) found a market in Portugal.
Glorantha has some faithful in Portugal (not many I suspect). I lost contact with the people I played some years ago but as i said in a message to GD, my interest in Glorantha is fictional (maybe because I never found the proper players or because I wasn't the best player myself). I'm not sure, but I think that there are Brezilian Portuguese translations of RQ and Gloranthan materials.

Sergio Mascarenhas