Armor

From: Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 07:57:32 -0700

Christoph Luehr wrote:

>Do Stormbulls wear armors ?

Depends - did they get the armor serving as the warrior of a chief, are they from a wealthy family or did they manage to steal some from the dead?  There is no cult taboo on wearing armor, but, like in the real world, armor is a prized commodity. Many Storm Bulls warriors don't have armor.

>I play is in the moment so, but what comes in my mind are the celtic
warriors. The romans wrote that >the celtic warriors fought without armors, naked. For the unfrightened Stormbulls, would that be an
>option for them ? I can at least imagine that some very wild Runelords
would avoid wearing armor.

Certainly the warriors of the wild Quivini highlands often fight naked - that's one of the cult magics of Orlanth the Warrior (see Enclosure).

Jeff