Herd Men

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 14:57:21 -0400 (EDT)

Daniel <goihl_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>:

<< Do herd-men have beards?>>

    The Morokanth shave them to make rope and stuff out of their hair (they haven't got as much as bison, llamas, etc.). so a lot of the time, no. But it has to grow long enough to be useful for making anything out of, and I'm sure they resemble normal humans when left unshaved. Indeed, a few of them *are* humans who've been zapped by the Fix INT spell (as opposed to being born as 'natural' herd men). I don't think their beards would fall off when this happened... :-)

 <<Do they even have the same hair-patterns as humans?>>

    I'd think so. This is due to levels of sex hormones and such, which would not differ that much between normal humans and herd men IMO. Same for male pattern baldness, which you mentioned later.

<< Does their hair turn grey and do they get old enuf for that to happen?>>

    Nah, you'd eat them first, or use them to make leather, glue etc. out of. I mean, who wants a post-menopausal herd woman, frex? Or a male past his physical peak? Again, if you let them get old enough, they would go grey, just like most other mammals do.

 <<Do they look much like one of the human races? Are there different "racial traits" among them?>>

     The 'natural' herd men are descenced from natives of Prax who lost out to the Morokanth when it was decided who got to be eaten and who got to do the eating. So, IMO, they look Praxian. However, I'm sure there would be small differences, just as High Llama riders don't look like Sable riders, let alone Impala riders! They'd be at least this different. And again, you can always grab an Agimori and Fix INT him if you really want. I personally doubt this happens much, but the fact that the Fix INT spell exists must mean that it happens some times.

    BTW, my heretical theory is that a Fix INTed human is not the same as a herd man, but I gather from discussions with other players that I'm in the minority here!

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky