Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #124

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:34:25 -0400 (EDT)

Dave Bailey:
 <<I have a source for something called "Children of Entropy", unknown  publisher, supposed to be RQII compatible. Sorry to take up band width  but I've never heard of it and I'd like an informed opinion by somebody  who knows before entering negotiations. Anybody know anything about it?>>

    This was published by a group called Apprentices Guild and written by John Prentice. There was a RQ3 edition as well as the RQ2 one you mention. Essentially it is a collection of game stats for chaotic NPCs, with no background, personality info. etc. The stats are not quite complete as written, and you'll need to do a bit of arithmatic to figure out what the skill %s for each character are supposed to be. There are a couple of pages of some largely uninspired chaotic features at the beginning - mostly just weird shapes/hit location charts. It originally cost #4.95 which I personally feel was grossly overpriced given the quality and usefulness of the product. And I'm sorry if John Prentice is out there reading this, but that's my honest opinion.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky