Quality Gaming Convention

From: David Cheng <cheng_at_global2000.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 23:08:23 -0500

CAUTION: Low Gloranthan content to follow.

Now that I've moved back to my hometown of Albany, NY, I'm helping to reorganize my old club and our annual convention, Council of Five Nations. This October 10-12 will be CoFN 20.

Obviously tainted by my association with the Gloranthan crowd, and the various Convulsions/RQCons/GloranthaCons, I am working to make CoFN a con for "mature, sophisticated gamers" (where have we heard that before?). There are two main themes to the con:

There will be a nice balance between RPGs, board games and miniature games. There will be _no_ collectible card game tournaments, nor any RPGA events. Because of these two conditions, we expect a smaller, more mature, higher quality attendee population.

If you're in the Northeast U.S. (or are willing to travel), and this sounds interesting to you, please let me know. I'll put you on the distribution list. I have a more complete write-up I can email you.

If you would like to GM (and get discounted entry), please let me know ASAP. We want to get the pre-reg booklet out to the printer by next Tuesday, September 2nd.

Token Chaosium/RQ content: There will definitely be some _Call of Cthulhu_, probably some _RuneQuest_, and maybe some _Nomad Gods_.

My apologies for this non-Gloranthan interlude. My meager justification is that I think the readers of this list
are just the type of gamers that CoFN will appeal to.

Thanks,
*David Cheng