Re: herd men herding; Sandy's Sorcery

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:46:56 -0700

re castration of herd men:

I don't know enough about the Praxian economy to do more than mention that many cultures don't do this to their herds, because in a bad year, you might end up with no studs. I suspect Prax has bad enough (and/or variable enough) climate that you run the risk of losing a significant portion of your herd, so castration would be foolish from a purely economic sense.

There may be value to "oxen" for work.

A version of Sandy Petersen's sorcery rules is now at my web site (URL below). The HTML conversion isn't perfect, but I will be improving it soon. (I think you'll be able to get the gist quite easily despite any odd formatting of tables etc.)