(no subject)

From: 'Darvall.'
Date: 8sep97

>As to the whole idea of Involuntary Initiation I'd say that it is
>something that is characteristic only of the Chaos Gods........
 And since your own gods aren't going to be
- -----------------------

>From: Pasanen Panu
>Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #150
>
> I see no real reason to assume that rape would cause chaotic results,
> like turning the assaulter into a broo..... But as Ikadz is chaotic, and a
god
> of torture, the most pious Uroxi cheerfully torture their enemies,
> not to talk of the Zorak Zorani anti-chaos practices on the unfortunate
> caught broo...
>------------------------------

Mr Cule has IMO the answer to this argument. Brutal Uroxi are behaving in accordance with the desires of their god. As such they gain the benefit of some of his attention. If they were to offend their god sufficiently they could then be claimed by chaos. My feeling is that becoming Gargathi is an ever present threat for Uroxi, as premier Chaos foes they are frequently listed as prized converts or victims. Torture is not a religious crime, rape ,however, is a reinactment of an esential part of the creation of the devil. IMO
this is likely to attract a greater degree of divine attention from both the rapist's
god/s from Thed for whom rape is an act of worship. (I think I can recall a

reference but again can't find it. Am I hallucinating?)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Atrocities & broohood</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

Date:18sep97<BR>
From:'Darvall.' Madamx_at_mikka.net.au<BR> RE: Atrocities broohood<BR>
>As to the whole idea of Involuntary Initiation I'd say that it is<BR>
>something that is characteristic only of the Chaos Gods........<BR>
 <I>And since your own gods aren't going to be<BR>
- -----------------------<BR>

>From: Pasanen Panu <BR>
>Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #150<BR>
><BR>
> I see no real reason to assume that rape would cause chaotic results,<BR>
> like turning the assaulter into a broo..... But as Ikadz is chaotic, and a god<BR>
> of torture, the most pious Uroxi cheerfully torture their enemies,<BR>
> not to talk of the Zorak Zorani anti-chaos practices on the unfortunate<BR>
> caught broo...<BR>

Mr Cule has IMO the answer to this argument. Brutal Uroxi are behaving <BR> in accordance with the desires of their god. As such they gain the benefit <BR> of some of his attention. If they were to offend their god sufficiently they<BR> could then be claimed by chaos. My feeling is that becoming Gargathi is an <BR> ever present threat for Uroxi, as premier Chaos foes they are frequently <BR> listed as prized converts or victims. Torture is not a religious crime, rape<BR> ,however, is a reinactment of an esential part of the creation of the devil. IMO<BR> this is likely to attract a greater degree of divine attention from both the rapist's<BR> god/s from Thed for whom rape is an act of worship. (I think I can recall a <BR> reference but again can't find it. Am I hallucinating?) <BR> </BODY>
</HTML>