Arkat

From: Hibbs Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:55:36 +0100

>while Arkat developed the HeroQuesting skills that enabled him
>to defeat Gbaji, I disagree with the notion that Arkat was capable
>of the kind of manipulation you describe. We don't really see this
>kind of manipulation until the God Learners appeared... he was not the
>changer, but the changed,

I think Arkat got a big shock when he discovered that the changes he wrought upon himself while following the path of a god could have lasting effects on the god or its cult. He realised this when he decided he needed to cut himself off from Storm ties in order to pursue Gbaji with Death unfettered, and in the process cut Humath off from Umath and made Humakt. Simplified, of course.

| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy perfect symmetry? |

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #163