non-GodLearners....

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 13:49:07 -0500

Chris Bell writes:
> ...(snip)....
>Gloranthan pantheons we may know could all just simply be mostly god-learner
>constructs :)

        The Godlearners didn't reach all parts of Glorantha. They were blocked out of Peloria by the Carmanians (Syranthir Forefront's ex-Fronelans) and the EWF. Naturally, they didn't influence the EWF, probably didn't do much in Prax, didn't get to Pent..... And all of this is only Genertelan!

Jeff Richard:
> Interesting. The question I have is what takes do you know of that have
> been transmitted unchanged from the Greater Darkness.

        This is another story. The Orlanthi have bounced all over the place sinced the Godtime; first Heort, then the World Council and Lokamayadon, then Harmast & Arkat, then the EWF, then Alakoring DragonBreaker....

        The Yelmies have all sorts of continuity problems too. There's Monrough and his vision of the Many Suns, as well as the terrible invasion of Sheng Seleris; after that not much was the same (though nobody will admit it, or maybe even knows it).

        I would have to go with the Praxians & the Covenant for least likely to have changed since Time. Maybe some of the Troll strongholds too.

Andrew Joelson				    joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com  -|-
aka Rupert von Harl; Cults of Seven Mothers, Yanafal Tarnils and Humakt |  "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway" /