Birds, Cows, and Old Dragon Pass

From: Pam Carlson <carlsonp_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 21:21:50 -0700

Jane writes:
> I'm still trying to understand how birds can be Fire rather than Air.

Birds are associated with sky. Fire/sky is generally considered one concept in the runic scheme. Perhaps birds are associate with sky because of the ancient Rhinliddic bird cult. Khordavu assigned "the bird" as a part of Yelm, (which I'm sure you remember from your careful reading of GROY!)

- ---------------------

Pent? Flat and treeless? Sure, just like Mongolia.... (which has rolling hills, rovers, marshes, trees along protected gullys, etc.)

>"Beyke, Maurice A"

> 1) Anyone have a good source for crop and stock (especially
> stock) yields in an agrarian society?

Jeff uses "Cattle Lords and Clansmen", which is about ancient Ireland. You can probably find it on Amazon.com - a very scary site, as it is WAY too easy to buy cool books...

(I've banned myself from the site until I finish paying off "Daily Life in Ancient India", "The Worship of Shiva in Medieval India", and "Cartoon History of the Universe", Vol's I & II)

> if anyone had detailed maps, history, etc.of DP.

PLUG - PLUG - PLUG There's a great map of old DP, along with lots of detail on Quiviniland, in Enclosure, which is available from Neil Robinson, (neilr_at_wolfenet.com). Lots of good stuff on Shargash & Peloria, too. It's a very reasonable US$15, I believe.

PLUG - PLUG - PLUG Shamelessly,

Pam