Seven Imperial Monopolies

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 18:06:21 -0500

Patrik asks:

> I faintly remember having read somewhere that there are "Seven
> Sacred Monopolies" in the Lunar Empire. Is this correct? In that
> case, which are the Seven Sacred Monopolies?

Collegia and monopolies need have little in common. The Seven Imperial Monopolies are:

        Silver
                Steel
                        Glass
                                Paper
                                        Salt
                                                Hazia
                                                        & Gin

This is set out indirectly in my article, "Letter from a Monopolist", in Tales #16 (by the man exploiting the Praxian monopolies on Hazia, Paper and Salt). One theoretician of Lunar doctrine (Chris Gidlow) holds that Parasols were an Imperial Monopoly before the Fifth Wane, and were replaced by Hazia some time thereafter. Time will tell...

::::
Nick
::::