Sun Dome Temples/RQIII material

From: Nikk Effingham <eng7nje_at_arts-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 16:16:34 GMT

Someone was asking where RQIII material could be obtained - I get all of my stuff (from the main rule books to antiques like Cults of Terror and Griffin Mountain) from a shop in Liverpool. I don't know if they mail order, and I also don't know if the phone number is stil valid (please e-mail me if it isn't as I shall find the latest one), but the stock is of excellent quality, although may be a bit deadly to the wallet if you're looking for older pieces:

BEST BOOKS AND GAMES
Dave Frost
The Palace
1st floor
Slater Street (off Bold Street)

Phone Number: 0374 937395

As for Sun Dome temples, cheers. I don't think we can rule out tyhe presence of Yelmalio in Ralios merely because Ehilm and Elmal exist - according to Sun County, the cult of Yelm exists in Sun County alongside Yelmalio - to my knowledge Yelmalio is not a sun cult, or is this some hideous misinterpretation on my part????

I don't see any reason why Yelmalio should be limited merely to Prax and environs - all it takes is one missionary to convert a bunch of Elmali away from their previous beliefs and instantly you have a group of Yelmalions. I think the cult would have regional differences - - differnt subcults, not teaching the 2H spear and shield skill etc... but would still recognisably be Yelmalion. Anyhow, it holds for MGF to have Y. in Ralios, after all he *is* a stock feature of Glorantha :) It seems possible that some form of Yelmalio, or some Elmali/Ehilmic hybrid occurs in the Aetheric Church of Galin - with the relationship of the Orlanthi and the Galanni being so close it seems almost certain that at some point either war or some form of treaty must appear between them and it seems feasible that some Elmali were absorbed by the Church. But this is just heresay and the resulting cult still wouldn't be Yelmalio.

Thanx for all the info,

Nikk E.

Nikk Effingham
eng7nje_at_leeds.ac.uk