The Glorantha Digest V5 #229

From: Simon Bray <101635.32_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 05:06:04 -0500

 Hi All,

 Adamantine.

 The Mostali beleive that all adamant is a part of the world machine, and thus rightfully theirs. Despite the fact that this all precious material has been formed into items that resemble things such as crowns, statues and swords does not mean that this was their original purpose. I think that if you get a damn good look at the Crown of Oronin it will look rather like a cog, the Unbreakable Sword resemble a large and impossibly sharp pin and that the Statues of Doobrey Wotsit (Forgot their name) all look very like mostali. All IMO.
 In my campaign the Mostali encountered in Griffin Mountain are not wandering around the plains to trade with humans, they are secretly looking for the Adamantine Spike from Stone Crab Island to return it to Dwarf Hat. The day they do so will be one of the last that the mostali will be seen to walk abroad in daylight.

 Keeping it short.

 Will people please make sure that they don't resend previous Digests attached to their mail. Check before you send!!

 Rulers of the Sixths.

 In the Elder Secret book it says that only the twelve people may enter the City of Wonders after Harrek's raid of 1624. These people are described as the six rulers of the lands and the six holders of the lands magic. I am trying to work out exactly who this refers to. My ideas at the moment are as follows.

 Rightarm Archipelago - The Merchief/Ruler The Admiral/Holder of Magic  (Maybe reversed?)

 Caladraland - The President(Oh I hate that)/Ruler The High Pirest of Vent/Holder of Magic.

 Heortland - The King/Ruler The Archbishop(Wizard) of Aelous/Holder of Magic.

 God Forgot - The Talar/Ruler The Grand Zzabur(Leonardo the scientist?)/Holder of Magic

 Esrolia - The Matriach of Notchet/Ruler The High Priestess of Esrola/Holder of Magic.

 Shadow Plateau - Queen of Styx Grotto Trolls/Ruler High Priestess of Argan Argar or KL /Holder of Magic.

 Cheers Simon.