Re: Sartar Pak

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 12:37:41 -0500 (EST)

Paolo:

 <<Yes, a Sartar pak would be a lovely idea. But it is still less than 10%  of the entire Genertelan continent (not to mention Jrustela or  Pamaltela). Why focus on the same areas as before when there are a lot  of undescribed spots? Would not a Rathorela'pak be nice? Or a Pentpak?  What about Teshnos? We have a world to explore, why always the same  Sartar-vs.-Red Moon?>>

     Pentpak, Teshnospak etc. sound wonderful ideas. But as a first setting for the new game? I just don't see it. Doing the Prax/River of Cradles early on would indeed be a bad idea because that would require a large amount of duplication, and put off the established players. Stick with what we know works, in areas that it's relatively easy to write new stuff for, but that haven't been covered overly much in existing Chaosium products. Sartar fits the bill perfectly. Sure, there'll be some reprinting of old articles, but not really all that much when you think about it.

     Start with that, THEN you can do the new settings. And I'm sure we'll all cheer them on when (if) they arrive :-)

Forward the glorious Red Army!

      Trotsky