Telmori and other Hsunchen

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 17:47:59 +0000

Were.Ralph asks in Digest 249

>RQ2 contained monsters known as Wolfbrothers (werewolves). Is this
>coincidence, or a reference to the Telmori before they became known as
>such. Or are there werewolves who are not Telmori?

It is my understanding, FWIW, that all the Lycanthropes from RQ2 are actually Hsunchen in RQ3

Nick says that Sartarite Telmori are
>Definitely cursed. They *have* to transform on Wilddays. Whether this
>works by "activating all the Telmor Rune Magic they know" or by some
>"freebie" power (turning them into the equivalent of a RQ3 werewolf)
>is at present uncertain

I suspect it is as a "freebie" power, (although not necessarily free), otherwise some of the tribe would be running around only partially transformed, since they wouldn't have sacrificed for all the spells - this might also depend on how you see Telmori gaining Telmors transformation spells - Does everyone in the tribe always go for the full set as soon as possible?

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |